Postcard of Clarence Drive, around 1913.
Reproduced by permission of George Lane,
author of Shooglies and Shooglies 2.
This view, from under the railway bridge at the foot of Clarence Drive, shows the junction with Dudley Drive. To the right of the picture is our block, with 16 Dudley Drive on the corner, and some ornamental railings nearby. The grocery shop on the left is now a small supermarket. A tram approaches down the hill. The conical turrets just visible on the left, at Airlie St, Polwarth St and Lauderdale Gdns, decorate buildings which were designed by our architect, John C McKellar.